2012年7月5日星期四

When Abram Was 99 Years Old

When Abram Was 99 Years Old

Abraham is 99 years old. This is incredible, I come across it in my family with my Grandparents and others - Oh, we're too old to change. Here's Abram at 99 years of age and he hasn't been changed to Abraham yet.

Genesis 17:1

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram,DONNA HOGAN REBEL SNEAKER BLU, and said unto him, I [am] the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect

It is never too late to change...

Genesis 17:2-5

And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him,chick here, saying,Hogan Nero Collezione Uomo Oympia, As for me,Hogan scarpe donna nuovo arrivo 2012 beige, behold, my covenant [is] with thee,Hogan Interactive Donna 2012 Rosa Giallo, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Once again consider the faith of Abraham. 99 years old and he has been told he is going to be the father of many nations. How great is his faith.

Genesis 17:6-10

And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant,Hogan Progetto Donna Grigio, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee,Hogan scarpe donna nuovo arrivo 2012 nero, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God. And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore,2012 Hogan Interactive Donna Bianco Albicocca in vendita a basso costo, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations. This [is] my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

This is incredible. This guy is 99 years old and he has been told he is going to be the father of many nations. Not one nation, not two nations but many nations. And there was to be a covenant between him and God...

Circumcision to seal the deal... The Signature On The Contract...

Genesis 17:23

And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house,see more, and all that were bought with his money,Hogan Uomo Interactive Nero Bianco, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.

What did Abraham do?

He did it!

No messing about - he took everyone of his household and circumcised them the self-same day. It wasn't - Oh, hang on a minute. I'll just go and study this a bit more. The self-same day. Yes God. You said it. It's good enough for me, I'll do it.

99 years of age. In the preceding scriptures God is telling him that it is not through Ishmael that he will have these children. There was a child yet to come. 99 years old and told that a child was yet to come.

He believed God and he demonstrated his faith with action by being circumcised the self-same day. By not messing about. What faith! Yes Lord, by going into this contract, by being circumcised I am agreeing with you that I will be the father of many nations.

Even though in the flesh it seems impossible. Even though he was so old that it was impossible to have another child. He knew what he was entering into and by faith he entered into that contract. He demonstrated his faith.

What was his works?

He believed God being circumcised the very same day.

As we continue on we read how the Lord had blessed Abraham and Sarah as he had said. He had performed a miracle. It was impossible for this child to have been born to people who were so old. But nonetheless it happened.

God gave them a child. Ishmael was born to Sarah's handmaiden but God blessed Sarah with a child and they called him Isaac....相关的主题文章:

没有评论:

发表评论